Tuesday, April 27, 2021

April Showers Bring May Flowers, by Nicole

 

April Showers

 

 

  Bring May Flowers

Three years ago, on April 2nd, I had a stroke which debilitated my speech and hindered my movements.  Today, I live to tell the story how I came out on the other side by accepting the April Showers from my stroke that rose into beautiful May Flowers.

The path I traveled on yesterday, travel today and will travel tomorrow gives me great hope.

First and foremost, I give thanks to the Stroke Comeback Center (SCC) guardian angels that show the stroke survivors and strivers how to live with the equality of life.

Yesterday, when I found my back against the wall, SCC taught me how to allow Aphasia to softly push the words that waver, until the words are ready to appear.

If I am bound by the barriers of forgetfulness, SCC taught me how to shake it off and patiently wait for Aphasia to take a bow, showing me the way.

SCC taught me to bounce back and make positive steps by marching forward.


April Showers bring May Flowers 

Today, when I have problems expressing my words, I have learned to adapt through patience and gentleness.  

The SCC earthly angels gently show me how to fly high and land on one wing.

As I observe the wind blowing beneath my wing, I can see the beauty of the world.


April Showers bring May Flowers

Tomorrow, as I open a new gate in my world, I will look back on the wrinkled roads I have traveled to get where I am today.

While appreciating my spirit is stronger than it was before my stroke, I will learn to adjust to the wisdom of lessons learned, which magnifies and light up my heart.

In my post stroke era, I will glide through my new journey that settles my hungry soul.


April Showers bring May Flowers 

What is my victory? I now understand when I feel all hope is gone, I will allow the rainy days from the April Showers to overflow and shine on me; and, I now understand,  I am blessed with May Flowers that show me…

I have been tried and true beyond all measures

April Showers will Bring You May Flowers


To Brooke, the one with the golden heart; and to Amy, who also speaks with a gentle and graceful spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cuz,
    GOD's continuous blessings on you and May Flowers.....As He abides in you abide in Him, Hope is in Him and keep living by Faith. Thanks for the encouraging message. Much Love, Bean

    ReplyDelete