Monday, September 26, 2022

I am Grateful for…by Nicole

 

 

Understanding the hardest things in life

are the things worth saying

 

In the stillness of the midnight

As I reach for the moon and the stars

Collecting my blessings

I realize each blessing is a memory

of a selection of images

 

I am grateful for…

Knowing these images protect me

like a soft autumn night glow

On these autumn nights when the wind is

against my back

Hearing every drumbeat of my heart

I appreciate my heart is my compass

 

I am grateful for…

Realizing some nights can be unremarkable

While searching for

the light that shields my shadow

Before I see the light

I realize my shadow cannot exist

without the light

I must permit my heart to allow

the light to shine

 

I am grateful for…

Watching the night rain descend

Seeing the dawn mounting

As I observe the beautiful sun rising

from every mountaintop

 

I am grateful and happy to see

Above it all

“The Fire Inside Still Burns”

1 comment:

  1. Cuz, Praise God for His refining love! For His mercy endureth forever! Beautiful words! Thank you for continuing to share your journey! Much Love!

    ReplyDelete