Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Needlepoint by Christie

I have been in a rut for over a year dealing with issues.  But I now have free time again and I need a project.  Since we rescued a dog, I wanted to make her a Christmas stocking to hang on the mantle.  So my next project is going to be needlepointing a picture of our new dog, Kona.  I have finished projects in the past, a Santa and a Rooster and they took some time because I would put them down from boredom.  So I'm sure it will take some time but my goal is to finish Kona's stocking for Christmas.
 
My history was not needlepointing as a pastime until I got a stroke and I needed something to do instead of sitting idle all the time.  My husband and I found a stand called 'The Original E-Z Stitch Needlework Frames' because of my limited ability with one hand.  It holds the work upright and it doesn't slide around.  It's comfortable to sit and watch TV.
 
 
I have a needlepoint kit from years ago but I really want a picture of Kona.  Suzanne found a website where you can take a picture and turn it into a needlepoint cross stitch pattern.  (Website:  http://www.myphotostitch.com/)   I am searching for a perfect photo to use.  Then I will purchase colors of thread from DMC Embroidery Floss Color Cards.
I hope it will be exactly what I needed to pass the time and decompress.


No comments:

Post a Comment