Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Aphasia Story by Sara

It was a great Sunday in May. In fact, the vey last Sunday in May (5/31). My husband Mario and I did the weekly shoping at Giant and Fresh Fields. We decided to cook fish for dinner.
 
The day was so beautiful that we decided to go to Reston Town Center to have a walk and stopped at one of Mario’s favorite shops to buy clothes. Once back at home, I started cooking. All of a sudden, I felt a terrible pain in my head. It was as if my head was going to explode from inside out. I run to the office where Mario was working at the computer and told him: “Mario I believe I have an aneurism”. Mario called 911 immediately while I sat at the sofa in front of the TV. Mario took the fish out of the oven and very quickly the ambulance arrived. The nurse asked me from 1 to 10 how much pain I had and I said 11. I do not remember anything else after this…but I survived!! And we never again cooked fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment