Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Independence by Christie



Independence celebrates freedom. Freedom comes in vary sizes, from small or big but it truly feels like you accomplish something important.  After I had my stroke, I realize the little things make a huge impact. 
 
In the beginning, I learned how to walk and talk again.  But you have milestones of progress where you feel elated of even the simplest things, like cooking.  I learned how to read instructions, learned how to chop again with only my left hand.  I definitely had some mistakes a long the way, but I learned and moved a long.   
 
I organize a charity, called the Kalikie Classic Golf Tournament and all of the proceeds goes to the Stroke Comeback Center.  In the beginning, the founding fathers put it on because I had issues  with remembering how it worked.  As time when on, I helped in different stages of my recovery.  Now, I manage it all and have some volunteers that help. 
 
Making progress is a huge part of recovery and you need to remember to look around and see the impacts in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment