Monday, June 5, 2017

Do More 24 by Pat



Donate Now

24 hours to do it again this year. It happens on June 8, 2017 this year. The Do More 24 started in D.C. For 5 years they help charities make money. This is when the Stroke Comeback Center (SCC) needs help. I've been going there for 5 years. This center is the greatest place. If I thought I was great now or I couldn't get better at all. I would have stopped. I know that I have traumatic brain injury (TBI), aphasia and post-traumatic epilepsy (PTE). 
 

This last year I went to the SCC two times a week. A lot of these classes were new. And I like them. On July 7, 2007 I had been in Iraq for a year. My guys and I would go at night to see if the bad people would set IED's. That night we were on top of a house. All of a sudden, across the road, I got shot.  I got shot in my left temple. I passed out right away. Four of my soldiers picked me up, dragged me downstairs, went into a Stryker (car), drove to Baghdad, flew to Balad and I had surgery right away. They threw away my left brain. 

It took me almost 3 years later to talk again. I joined the SCC in October 2011. Now I am talking better, write a blog, practice reading books and a class for using my brain. This is what I think is the coolest! When I got shot the Broca's area was destroyed. I should never have talked again.


My speaking, reading and understanding have gotten better. 5 years ago I couldn't read at all. If you do it, use your brain. The Stroke Comeback Center has helped me. Can you please give them $24 on June 8, 2017!!!


Support Stroke Comeback Center through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 8, 2017 by visiting https://domore24.org/npos/stroke-comeback

No comments:

Post a Comment