Thursday, November 16, 2017

Survivors with Movement by Randy

The biggest thing that works for me is helping other new friends that are also survivors. Now after six years from my stroke I now have become a Stroke Survivor Coach. As a coach I work on memory as well as writing, reading, speaking and using movement. This not only is for my new friends, it helps me as well. As survivors teaching is a way of life as well as a way of relearning.

As survivors relearning is a challenge. We work on our recovery everyday. Many of us have had to relearn everything. As hard as it is, young and old survivors keep moving. Everything that has happened to me from my stroke is about my new life. After having a brain injury we do not give up! 

One of the best ways to improve our memory is with movement. Exercise is a great way to work on our memory. There are instructor led in person exercise classes as well as online videos. YouTube and Facebook videos are great resources. 


A lot of these videos have been made on a Facebook page called Stroke Survivor Fitness. There are many people that have been working hard with their movement and memory. Watch them and let us know what you think. We are always open to feedback!

Here are several links that are important.

www.randykernus.com

Stroke Survivor Fitness:
www.facebook.com/strokesurvivorfitness/
Aphasia Paracord Projects Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/aphasiaparacordprojects/
Aphasia Will Not Be Silent Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/610071952466639/?ref=bookmarks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment