Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pumpkin Galore! by Christie



Looking forward to pumpkin in the Fall season.  It is a new fad that has blown up the last few years.  Their are fans and haters.  For me, I am a fan but my husband is a hater.  I like to bake and have pumpkin coffee.  My favorite coffee is Dunkin Donuts so I frequent often and purchase pumpkin coffee and a pumpkin donut!  It's so tasty! 
 
I have made many recipes with pumpkin in the ingredients.  I made a new recipe called Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies.  I only did the cookie part, I didn't do the frosting.  I'm not a big fan when it comes to icing.  It was delicious!  I brought some to my Oma's house because she likes pumpkin.  She said they were too rich for her and she suggested swapping chocolate for raisins.  I am going to try it some time soon. 
 
The other grocery store I frequent is Trader Joes, because the have anything you can imagine relating to pumpkin.  I've tried pumpkin biscotti, pumpkin cranberry scones and pumpkin chai.  All are fantastic.
 
Some facts about pumpkin.  It was born in North America.  It is usually orange in color.  It is used both for food and recreation.  Typically it weighs approximately 6 to 18 pounds.  The biggest pumpkin in history weight 75 pounds. 
 
I truly think you should either purchase or bake something pumpkin during the fall season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment