Tuesday, April 26, 2016

My Birthday Month by Christie

This was a big milestone, turning 40. My celebration week begun on April Fools and my brother texted me "Happy Birthday you filthy animal.”  He finally made a big deal for a whole month by texting every day.  He's awesome.
 
Each day has been fantastic.  My husband and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and then went to Duck Donuts for a cinnamon bun donut.  It was super tasty. 
 
On Monday, my mom came up and we went to the Zoo.  We saw the new baby panda and the new baby monkey.  The baby panda was taking a nap but right when we found the perfect place to watch him sleep he awoke and started to climb down but couldn't figure how to get down.  It was so intriguing on how to master it.  The mom came to help but got bored so she was showing off instead of helping.  He eventually came down but it was humorous to watch.  We had a magnificent day.
 
I went to see Oma on Thursday and my parents came up as well.  My Oma gave me a balloon, cupcakes and she sang 'Happy Birthday'.  She is truly the most amazing Grandma.
 
On my birthday, my big present was we went to Bethany for the weekend.  The weather wasn't perfect but on my birthday it was sunny and warm.  We walked down to the beach to see the ocean.  Chris and Kona went running and went down to the ocean to see how cold it was.  It was freezing so he didn't paddle.   We made a Banana Espresso Bread Pudding dessert which turned out to be tasty but I will change it slightly by adding cinnamon and more bananas. 
 
I am now 40 and it is the same.  Nothing to report just getting older.  It seems like you are in your 20's, carefree and happy and that's who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment